It’s been awhile since we gave an update of new content in MDID, the IRC’s online image database. So here’s a summary of some of the great, unique architecture-related content added in recent months:
- UCSB buildings: photos, drawings and plans. We’ve been working with the Office of Campus Planning and Design (thanks Dennis Whelan!) to build the collection of contemporary and historic material (including this aerial photo, right, of the campus when it was a marine air base, taken c. 1948). So far we have 427 images loaded, and another 250 in the queue.
- Buildings and other projects by Charles Moore (individually and with his various partners). With a recent infusion, there are now over 380 images of building drawings, plans, interiors and exteriors. (Right below is a recent photo of UCSB’s Faculty Club.)
- Romanesque and Gothic architecture. Hundreds of hard-to-find images from our slide collection were scanned and uploaded this Fall.
- Hassan Fathy’s Dar al-Islam in New Mexico, photographed earlier this year.
- Ongoing: we continue to work through our extensive David Gebhard slide holdings. We have over 400 images loaded in MDID, and several hundred more in the queue.