The Red Dot crew recently went to the Visual Resources Association conference, and came back with lots of great ideas and information. One of the sessions included lightning-fast presentations of websites, apps and free software that help with work efficiency and productivity. Some of these were:
- Print What You Like: Economizes printing so you don’t print ads etc. from websites, thus saving on paper and toner (Print Friendly does the same thing)
- Readability: Lets you store any website on your laptop or mobile device for easy reading later (Pocket and Instapaper are similar tools)
- Broadtexter: Send a text to a group (students, colleagues, etc.) with ease
- Greenshot: Allows you to easily take screenshots, annotate/highlight them as needed, and send to printer or email. (Another web-based screen recorder is Screenr)
- EverNote: Capture and organize ideas, pictures, information, and more
- And finally, Remember the Milk: Organize your tasks and lists into one place, and access them from anywhere.